Some time ago, I wasn’t spending much time on Facebook anymore. But all changed when one day when I started looking for new ways to publicize my blog. I’d read wonderful things about Facebook Groups from fellow bloggers on their blogs. So I decided to give them a try, and the truth is that I discovered the benefits of joining some of these groups. Here are some:
What Are the Benefits of Joining Facebook Groups?
- Creating community: Connect with a bunch of like-minded people–in this case, people who love to blog and travel.
- Sharing: Share links to your latest or favourite posts so that other users have the opportunity to visit your blog. This is a great way of generating traffic to your site.
- Reciprocation: I always try to engage with at least one other post on the group wall. It’s the win-win philosophy of relationships: Not just taking, but also giving. Make people know that you’ve commented on their blogs or shared their posts.
- Discovering new blogs: You can learn a lot from other bloggers. Do a little research and find out how they did it at the beginning and what techniques they’ve been using.
Most of these are closed groups, so you need to answer a few easy-peasy questions in order to join, but others are public–you can join them immediately and don’t need to wait for your request to be approved.
In any case, don’t forget to read the rules when you join and follow them at all times to get the most out of the experience.
20 Best Facebook Groups for Travel Bloggers
Here is a list of the 20 best Facebook groups for travel bloggers that I joined and have been using for a while:
- Travel Bloggers
- Female Digital Nomads
- Lonely Planet Travellers group
- Travel Unlimited – Travel Bloggers, Nomads, Globetrotters & Vagabonds
- BLOGGERS AND TRAVELERS
- Instagram for Travel Bloggers & Influencers
- Travel + Lifestyle Bloggers Hub
- Blogger Travel
- Travel Instagram Boost
- Travel BLOGGERS Club
- Travel Bloggers and Travellers
- Travel Bloggers Guide to Pinterest
- Travel Blogger Link Swap Group
- lifestyle, travel, fashion & beauty bloggers
- Travel BLOGGERS Club – CAFE
- Travel Bloggers Social Club
- Pinterest Travel Bloggers Club
- Not So Young Female Travel Bloggers
- Female Lifestyle and Travel Bloggers
- Travel Society
Have Your Say!
Do you use Facebook Groups? Do you know any other good group for travel bloggers apart from these? I’ll be happy to read your comments!